One of the wonderful attributes of the New Forest is it’s wide and varied selection of restaurants and pubs offering a warm welcome and amazing cuisine to suit all tastes and requirements. It is not possible to list all of them so below is a small selection.
Pub walks from the cottage:
- The Monkey Brewhouse, Will and his wife have recently refurbished the pub and Will has started his own Brewhouse. They have made it a great place to eat and drink and. They have live music most Sunday evenings. It is about a 25 minute walk. 01590 676754
- Rosie Lea House The new owners have recently refurbished this beautiful listed building. They open for breakfast through to dinner and are championing all our beautiful local produce here in the New Forest.
- Hare and Hounds, Sway, is a local pub with reasonable food and friendly staff. Lots of my previous guests have enjoyed good meals here. 01590 682404
- The Filly Inn, offering a wide selection of food. We will often walk here as it is far enough to justify a stop but close enough that the walk back is not too arduous. 01590 623449.
- The Fleur de Lys, Pilley. Great to go for just a drink and there's always a local to chat with or enjoy the wonderful menu from an outstanding chef. Booking is essential. 01590 672158.
- Eat Pizza, An independent, artisan pizza restaurant. Eat in or take away. They even do gluten free pizzas 😃. We had a take away during lockdown and highly recommend them. 01590 619488
- The Elderflower Restaurant, Lymington If you are staying and wanting to have a special meal this is the place. Located by the quay in Lymington, it is a hidden treasure. Mentioned in the Michelin Guide they offer fantastic food in a beautiful restaurant with great service. Booking essential, at present they are fully booked but worth asking for a cancellation. We ate here in June and loved it and can't wait to return. 01590 676908
- Rivaaz Lymington, This is our favourite Indian restaurant as the quality is outstanding, whether you eat in our take away. They offer the traditional Indian cuisine but also have some very good unusual dishes. They have been winners of the Certificate of Excellence for the past 5 years.
- The East End Arms, East End. Owned by the bass player from Dire Straits, offers good locally sourced food and great beer. . 01590 626223
- The Ferryman, is the sister pub to the Kings Head. Recently refurbished it offers good food and a friendly service. We have recently eaten here a couple of times and really enjoyed their fish dishes. 01590 672517.
- The Royal Oak, We recently found this pub in North Gorley while on our way to a walk at Abbotswell. It is a 17th century Inn serving very good food, often locally sourced and they have a good selection of ales and even a british independent lager. We received a very warm welcome and look forward to future visits. 01425 652244.
- Kings Head, Lymington. Down towards the quay in Lymington is a favourite with the sailing fraternity and locals offering good food. 01590 672709
- The Chequers, A great pub to stop at if you do the Keyhaven to Lymington walk. It has great outside space. The food is good and very appreciated after a long walk. 01590673415
- The Noisy Lobster, This is definitely worth visit if you want a beach front restaurant. We ate here and the service and food was fantastic. They have a good wine selection too. They serve through from breakfast to dinner and have gluten free options. If I go for a walk along the beach I will also stop here for a very good coffee. Worth booking for dinner during the high season. 01425 272162.
- The Oak Inn, Bank. This has come highly recommended for food and the ponies who like to stand in the porch. 02380 282350
- The Rockingham Arms, West Wellow. A cosy country pub with good food. They also have great gluten free menu. Liz and her team are always helpful and we have always enjoyed eating their delicious food. Well worth a trip out.
- Rick Stein, Sandbanks, We ate here recently and everything was great, they even have a dedicated gluten free menu with fish and chips. It was also reasonable priced and the quality was great. If you book a table I would ask to be seated in the main restaurant.
When you click on a link you will be leaving this website and Kings Hyde Cottage is not responsible for the information or content by pressing a link.